Manulife GIF Select InvestmentPlus
InvestmentPlus, as part of GIF Select, can offer long-term growth potential and basic protection. It is an attractive solution for investors seeking an industry-leading selection of award winning investment funds from top fund managers with the added benefit of basic protection features only available through a segregated fund contract.
InvestmentPlus can provide:
Award-winning funds - You can choose from among more than 80 carefully selected funds - many with top industry awards. InvestmentPlus offers a full spectrum of funds in various asset classes, from fixed income to specialty equity. Plus you have access to many of Canada’s quality fund managers.
Flexibility - You have the ability to move between funds and fund managers in the InvestmentPlus Series, should your needs or preferences change1.
Creditor protection – InvestmentPlus has the potential to protect your assets from creditors. This feature is ideal for professionals and small business owners looking to help protect their personal assets from professional liability.
Estate benefits – In the event of your death, the proceeds of your contract have the ability to pass quickly and privately2 to your designated beneficiaries, without the time delay and expense of probate.
For more information, please click here or contact us.
1 Moving across sales charge options may incur charges. Withdrawals, fund switches or switching investment Series may result in tax consequences.
2 Except in Saskatchewan.
The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company is the issuer of the Manulife GIF Select insurance contract which offers the EstatePlus and InvestmentPlus Series and the guarantor of any guarantee provisions therein.
Manulife RetirementPlus provides:
- A wide range of investment funds to suit your investment style, with up to 100% equity
- The ability to catch up financially towards achieving your retirement goals
- The opportunity to benefit from potentially rising interest rates
Flexibility and control
- Choose the amount of income, with either a partial or full income stream
- You can access your market value if the need arises (fees may apply)
Guaranteed lifetime income
- Optional guaranteed, lifetime income when the time is right for you
Is it right for you?
Manulife RetirementPlus may be the right choice if:
- You are five or more years away from retirement
- You seek flexibility in your retirement plan
- You want lifetime, guaranteed retirement income
- You need to catch up financially towards your retirement goals
The countdown is on…
If you’re 10 years away from retirement, you only have 260 more pay cheques to help build your retirement savings. Speak to me to find out how Manulife RetirementPlus can help you get on the path to reaching your retirement goals.
The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company is the issuer of the Manulife RetirementPlus insurance contract and the guarantor of any guarantee provisions therein.
Manulife Segregated Fund RESP
Helping to fund a child’s post-secondary education is one of the most important investments you can make in their future, especially in today’s competitive environment where a good education is crucial to success. Yet, with the rising cost of tuition fees and living expenses, personal savings alone may not be enough to cover the cost of higher education.
The Manulife Segregated Fund RESP is a new investment solution to help you save for a future post-secondary education need.
What you should know:
- A Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) is a flexible and convenient way to save for a child’s future post-secondary education
- Government grants and incentives may be available to qualified Student Beneficiaries to help RESP savings grow
- Investment income generated in an RESP is tax-sheltered as long as it remains in the plan
- When withdrawn, plan growth and government grants can be taxed at the student’s tax rate (he or she could pay little or no tax on this money)
- There is no annual contribution limit with an RESP, but the lifetime maximum is $50,000 per Student Beneficiary
- Anyone can open an RESP – parents, guardians, grandparents, other relatives, or friends
- Individuals can also purchase an RESP for themselves for future post-secondary education needs
- A segregated fund contract offers unique protection features, including death benefit and maturity guarantees
Please feel free to contact us to learn more about RESPs and get more information on the government incentives and grants available.
The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company is the issuer of the Manulife Segregated Fund Education Savings Plan insurance contract and the guarantor of any guarantee provisions therein.
Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
An RRSP is a retirement savings plan that you establish, that is registered with the Canada Revenue Agency, and to which you or your spouse or common-law partner contribute. Deductible RRSP contributions can be used to reduce your tax.
Any income you earn in the RRSP is usually exempt from tax as long as the funds remain in the plan; you generally have to pay tax when you receive payments from the plan.
To learn all the facts, please contact us.
Are your assets protected from creditors?
Legislation exists at both the federal and provincial level to protect your investments from creditors. Some offer strong protection, while others provide protection with conditions or limitations. Click here to read more.
What is an Annuity?
An annuity is a plan that makes payments to you on a regular basis. It might be a general annuity, a payment from a registered retirement income fund (RRIF), or a variable pension payment. These payments are part of your total income and are reported on your tax return.
To learn all the facts, please contact me.